Sunday, May 01, 2005

Proffitts and McRaes Sold to Belk

I'm really very disappointed with the sell of Proffitt's and McRae's to Belk. We have both a Proffitt's and a Belk in the mall here. I can never find anything in Belk, but Proffitts often has clothes that are nice. McRae's is the big department store back in Mississippi where most of my family still lives. I could find clothes there as well. I have to say that I'm concerned that I won't be able to find things I'll wear with the new merger if they use the Belk buyers for all the stores. The only other department store chain in the area is Dillard's, and their merchandise has been less to my taste in recent months. I guess I'll be doing a lot of shopping online or on business trips and personal vacations if Belk doesn't improve their purchases. South Knox Bubba has a roundup of the news stories.

No comments: