Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stitching for Literacy

One of my other hobbies is cross-stitching. Our local needlework shop, One More Stitch (127 N. Daisy St., Morristown, TN) has joined up with Funk & Weber Designs in their Needle and ThREAD: Stitching for Literacy challenge. Basically, the shop is collecting hand-stitched bookmarks for children which will be presented to the Morristown Children's Library on November 12. It's a great idea! I'm sure other needlework shops around the country are also participating, so if you cross-stitch, I encourage you to get involved with this project! By the way, check out Funk & Weber's blog which has some great Alaskan photos as well as other interesting items. Maybe one of these bookmarks will not only inspire children to read, but perhaps it may inspire one of these children to make one of those nice samplers that we genealogists really like to have handed down from our great-great-great grandparents!

1 comment:

Moultrie Creek said...

I love these kinds of projects! Unfortunately, my carpal tunnel issues don't let me cross stitch or sketch anymore but I can make sure the word gets out around here.