Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Books, Books, and More Books

I just found out that I'll be receiving an early reviewer's copy of the cookbook Food for the Soul by Chana Rubin through LibraryThing's early reviewer program. It is published by Gefen Publishing House. This is the blurb for it:

With the information included in this book, you will be well equipped to make healthy food choices and prepare nutritious meals for you and your family. Food for the Soul: Traditional Jewish Wisdom for Healthy Eating addresses nutrition and health from a Jewish perspective. The nutrition information is universal, but tailored to the Jewish population's specific needs - kashrut, lifestyle, Shabbat and holidays, fast days and the unique Jewish culture of food.

I'm excited about receiving this book. I always love cookbooks with a twist, such as an ethnic one. I love culinary histories too. I'll see whether it lives up to my expectations when it arrives.

I found great buys on some cookbooks yesterday, picking up three titles that I will enjoy.

A friend of mine emailed me about a great book sale so I went tonight and purchased several books. I'm very excited about getting copies of Daniel Boorstein's The Colonial Period and The Democratic Experience for $3.50 each. I also picked up several other books, but the history books are the ones that excite me. The colonial period is my favorite era of American history. The other book deals with the period immediately following the Civil War. I've used these books before, but I've never owned them!

No comments: