Friday, May 23, 2008

Screen Doors and Sweet Tea

Bob reviewed this cookbook earlier in the week. It sounded too good to pass up, so I ordered a copy which arrived today.

Southern cuisine--some of it "kicked up a notch." Each recipe contains notes that point to the history of the dish or hints about the dish's preparation. Information about some of the South's interesting culinary history can also be found--such as a brief history of the Chinese groceries in Greenville or stories about the recipes or those important to its history. A great addition to any cookbook collection.

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

I saw this coming through cataloging and now I better grab it! :)

Lori Thornton said...

It's a good thing it didn't come through my cataloging department. It would have not made it out to the shelves very quickly. The cataloger [i.e. me] would have had to "examine it more closely" to make sure that it was cataloged properly. (grin)