Friday, June 13, 2008

Boston Diary - June 13, Part 1

Today I decided to start the day with a ride on the T to the North End so that I could visit sites on the Freedom Trail. I was greeted by Samuel Adams at Faneuil Hall before I headed to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a Boston creme donut.
Quincy Market has gotten in the Celtics fever that is everywhere in the city.
I didn't know that Christopher Columbus came this far north, but he was standing in Christopher Columbus Park along the waterfront.
I thought that the "Kahlua" delivery truck would never leave so that I could get a good shot of Paul Revere's home. (I saw him riding his horse nearby.)
More of the street where Paul lived.
One of the neat things outside the Old North Church was the memorial to soldiers who have lost their lives in the war on terror. The dog tags were impressive!
St. Francis of Assisi was looking over an adjacent garden.
The spire of the Old North Church. "One if by land, two if by sea . . ."
I was getting hot, and the gelato across the street was too tempting. This was the watermelon variety. I detected the taste of grapefruit in it.
I remember Copp's Hill Burying Ground from my last trip to Boston. It's one of my favorite Boston cemeteries.

Interesting markers.



Plaque for Increase and Cotton Mather, well-known preachers.
Their tomb.
Another interesting tombstone.
An interesting monment!




No comments: