Sunday, October 05, 2008

Happy 205th!

My church, First Baptist Church of Morristown, celebrated its 205th anniversary today. We got our start as Bethel Church way back in 1803. Today, we worshipped in a newly renovated worship center. It was an incredible day as we heard from 4 former pastors (two live and two by video) and from our current pastor. The service began with the blowing of the shofar. After the choir came in, a replica of the ark of the covenant was brought forward. The Celebration Choir (of which I'm a member) and Orchestra led in worship throughout the service. I don't want to say we performed because it was not a performance. It was Praise to God! Worship! It was an incredible service! We had several baptisms, and we had some people join the church. One memory that I'll always have of this day was that we didn't have enough chairs up in the choir. There were three of us sharing two chairs! We learned pretty quickly that we had to sit down in a certain order for it to work out as we had to get up and down several times throughout the service. How Great Is Our God!

By the way, this is my 900th blog post, and I can't think of one that I'd rather have in this position!

1 comment:

Paula Goff Christy said...

Praise the Lord for FBC Morristown's 205th Birthday! How wonderful that we serve a God Who is still saving souls and changing lives!