Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Almost Over . . .

The spring semester is almost over. I'm really quite happy that it is coming to an end. It has been stressful in many ways. I will be sad to see some of my colleagues leaving the college for the next chapter in their lives. However, it does bring about one happy thing -- NGS is just around the corner! Our graduation is scheduled for Friday night (and I will be sad that some of our graduates are leaving but happy for them as they go out into the world for the work for which they've prepared), and I'm headed Saturday morning to Raleigh. I hope to meet many new people there, including some of you I've met online through genealogy blogs. I know many have been comparing arrival schedules over the last few days on Facebook. The car will be serviced on Thursday. The cat sitter has been arranged. I'm ready to head to North Carolina! (Well, almost -- I've still got some genealogical data that I'm looking over the next couple of days to make sure that I'm on track with any research that I might be able to do while there.)

No comments: