Sunday, May 24, 2009

Special Guests at Church

We had some special visitors at church today. They came all the way from New Zealand. Now, I don't know about you, but I'd never seen a wallaby in church before today. We had not one, but two baby wallabies on hand to drum up support for our Vacation Bible School that begins one week from tomorrow. This year's VBS has an Australian theme, so we just had to pretend the wallabies came from Australia instead of New Zealand. They actually spent most of their time in children's church, but they came and made an appearance at the end of the worship service. They were cute. You could tell that each one had a different personality too. One of them was looking at everything. The other was more introverted. I mentioned it to a friend of mine who thought that someone should write a song along the lines of "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" about the wallabies. I'm not in my creative mode this evening, so I'll leave that for someone else to write.

No comments: