Sunday, September 30, 2012

If My People . . .

Music has always been an important part of my life. I grew up going to church, and I loved to sing. I began playing the piano when I was in the second grade.  Each year, our family would attend a family camp in Oklahoma. Janet Hudson led the music for the children most years. She was a pastor's wife from Ohio when I first knew her although her family later moved to Northern Kentucky. One of the choruses that she taught us to sing was taken directly from the Bible.

If My people which are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked way; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
I've learned other tunes to that verse since my first encounter with it in my early elementary years, but it's a song that I'll never forget.  It's also a Bible verse that I will never forget.  It's also a verse that I hope America does not forget!

No comments: