Frontier in Transition: A History of Southwestern Colorado
O'Rourke, Paul M. Frontier in Transition: A History of Southwestern Colorado. Denver: Colorado State Office, Bureau of Land Management, 1980.
This government publication contains the following chapters:
- The Natural Setting and Its Relation to Historic Development
- The Ancient Ones
- Exploration and the Fur Trade
- The Great Reconnaissance and the Rediscovery of the Southwest
- The Utes in Southwestern Colorado: A Confrontation of Cultures
- Early Mining and Transportation in Southwestern Colorado
- The Permanent Settlement of Southwestern Colorado
- Transportation and Mining, 1881-1920
- Ranching and Agriculture: The Economic Diversification of Southwestern Colorado
- The Federal Government in Southwestern Colorado
- Southwestern Colorado in the Modern Era
This volume is available at many Federal Depository libraries and online through the FDLP.