Sunday, November 23, 2008

8 Things About Me-Me

I've been tagged by Thomas over at Destination: Austin Family who is probably tired of my lack of posting lately and decided to give me some inspiration in the form of this meme.

Tag Rules

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. A the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

8 Things About Me

1. I enjoy singing. I sing mostly Christian music, and I've even recorded an album! I even have several boxes of leftover cassettes to prove it! The problem is that no one has equipment to play those on anymore!

2. I enjoy travelling. I don't get to do as much as I would like. I really want to do some more international travel. There are quite a few places in Europe I would like to visit. A large group from our church just returned from a trip to the Holy Land, and I just wish that I'd been able to join them. It sounded like they had an incredible time touring with our pastor who is an experienced guide. I hope to be able to go on a future trip to see the place our Savior walked.

3. I enjoy reading. I haven't had as much time lately to do this as I would like. I enjoy a good mystery. I also enjoy history books. I'm currently reading Tatiana de Rosnay's Sarah's Key as my fiction selection, and Helen F. M. Leary's second edition of North Carolina Research: Genealogy and Local History. I decided that I probably ought to spend a little more time with the latter book since I'm working on several North Carolina projects at the moment.

4. I enjoy cooking. As a single person who works all the time, I don't spend as much time in the kitchen as I would like. When I do start cooking, I enjoy experimenting and trying out new recipes. I like my food full of flavor. I prefer fresh ingredients when they are available. I still have garlic on my breath from that Tortellini Alfredo I made for lunch.

5. I am owned by a cat. Enough said! (For all you editor types out there, I believe that I should get rid of that passive voice and say "The cat owns me." Please feel free to edit this sentence as you wish.)

6. I have a hard time saying "no" but I'm learning!

7. I enjoy watching football and basketball. I prefer college sports. My favorite team is the Tennessee Volunteers. I'm also cheering for Duke when they aren't playing Tennessee! In pro ball, I tend to cheer more for the players than the teams. I love the Manning brothers. I grew up watching their Dad Archie play football for Ole Miss and then the Saints. I tend to cheer for the Colts because Peyton has been there longer. I also enjoy cheering for former Lady Vols in the WNBA.

8. I hate talking about me. I'd rather talk about something else.

Tagging Folks

8 people is a lot to tag, but I"ll try to find a few.

1. Sheri at The Educated Genealogist
2. Bill at West in New England (It's payback for all that early morning Facebook kidnapping!)
3. Becky at Kinnexions
4. Lisa at A Light That Shines Again
5. Denise at Family Matters
6. Ruth at Bluebonnet Country Genealogy
7. Holly at Genealogy Musings
8. Janet at Janet the Researcher

Now, it's time to go leave comments so they know that they are "it."

No comments: