Sunday, June 12, 2005

Charleston

I'm really enjoying my stay in Charleston. However, I have worn out my feet. Friday I walked all day in the historic section and downtown in Charleston. Yesterday (Saturday) we spent the day out at Magnolia Plantation & Gardens. Magnolia is a much more enjoyable plantation than Boone Hall which I had visited on another trip to Charleston. The seafood has been superb, but I've found something I like nearly as well as the seafood. I call them Charleston potatoes. It's really a baked potato with cheeses and other goodies similar to what you'd find in a loaded potato. We stopped at the cross stitch shop in Summerville on the way into town. It is a very nice shop, and I recommend it although there are some booths in the city market that have some cross stitch, you can't beat the stores that offer varieties in fibers and a full range of cross-stitching goodies.

No comments: