Thursday, June 14, 2007

Association of Christian Librarians

On Saturday (the 9th), we flew into Grand Rapids. After attending church on Sunday morning, I spent most of the rest of the day in metings. Monday was my "tourist" day until the conference began that evening. We went to Holland to visit the Dutch Village and to Holland State Park so that we could see the lighthouse. The conference's opening reception was held at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. Tuesday night was "trivia night," and I was fortunate enough to be part of the winning team. We got to wear stickers on our name badges the rest of the week to designate us as the champs. Wednesday night was networking night. At first I tried to join the "travel" group, but when we decided to travel to the local ice cream establishment, we discovered we had all flown and no one had a car available. I ended up joining the "knitting" group. However, no one was knitting, and it ended up being an all craft group. I did take a photo of the photography group at one point. I don't want to comment on specific workshops and sessions attended in this message but will save it for a later post. I will post a few photos soon!

No comments: