Monday, July 19, 2010

A Hot Summer

This has been one of those "hot" summers where the temperature seems to want to hover in the 95 to 100 degree range. I don't deal well with "hot." I'd much prefer for it to be cooler where I can add layers of clothing or blankets, if necessary. About the only thing "hot" weather accomplishes for me is a sunburn. I can remember short periods of time where we've had hot weather in recent years. For example, about 10 or 11 years ago, our choir took a trip to New Orleans around Labor Day weekend. The temperature was 100 or above for our entire trip and had been for a few days. The last time I really remember these extended periods of very hot temperatures was back in the late 1970s when I was in high school. I remember that the temperature was above 90 for almost the entire month of June. One reason I remember it so well was that I was working at our church camp that entire month as a counselor and canteen manager. The heat was awful. Those of us on staff would go for swims at night after the kids were in bed. Then we'd raid the kitchen before we went to bed. Those were some fun times with a lot of special memories!

1 comment:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

I'm with you in not tolerating heat that well - especially the humid weather we've been getting here in Quebec!
My favourite season has always been the autumn. It's beautiful up here in September/October and I love those crisp mornings!
Evelyn