Sunday, July 03, 2016

Portland Japanese Gardens


I recently traveled to the Pacific Northwest. The main purpose of my trip was to attend and present at the Association of Christian Librarians Conference which was being held at George Fox University in Newberg, near Portland. Since I had never been to Oregon or Washington, I decided to stay a little longer to do some sight-seeing. It was difficult to pick and choose what to visit and what would have to wait for another trip in the future (if I ever make it back).

My plane landed around noon Pacific time so it was too early to check into the hotel. I decided to visit Portland Japanese Gardens first. I'll include a few photos I took there.

A pagoda-like statue


One of my favorite scenes.

Supposedly the most photographed tree in the garden.

Feeding time for the coy.

Lovely flowering plants.
Beautiful flowers.

Man-Made Waterfall

View of Mount Hood from the Garden.

That was actually my second glimpse of Mount Hood that day. The first was up close and personal from the plane as we flew over it en route to PDX.

I enjoyed my visit to the Portland Japanese Garden and encourage others to visit when in the area.

No comments: