Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Meme

I found this on a blog somewhere out in cyberspace.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? BOTH - probably heavier on the gift bags lately.

2. Real tree or Artificial? - Mine is artificial, but I love live ones. I'm just too busy to take care of a live one during the holidays.

3. When do you put up the tree? When I have time. It will go up this weekend this year. Usually a few days earlier.

4. When do you take the tree down? When the cat lets me! I do keep it up until January 6, but if the cat is sitting under it, I will leave it up a little longer. He loves that tree, and I hate to cut his fun short!

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Although I usually have mine without the real "nog."

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember a lot of my childhood gifts, but it was probably a doll of some sorts. I got a cassette player when I was about 10 that I played nonstop for a long time. I really enjoyed that also.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Me.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It's a small one.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. There are just a few traditions worth keeping!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Probably a really bad fruitcake.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love all the Christmas movies including the perennial favorite "It's a Wonderful Life", but I will be different and admit that I really like "The Bells of St. Mary's."

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I have time. I just purchased my first gift online today.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? For those white elephant parties, I have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheese ball and crackers. I love all Christmas food though. I'm trying to avoid making it because I don't need the calories.

16. Lights on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Just one? I guess I'll choose "O Holy Night"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to parents' house.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Currently an angel, but used to always be a star. When the star broke, all I could find was an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds -- crowded roads, crowded parking lots, crowds in the stores.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a large collection of music-related ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We used to always have turkey & ham, but since there have been fewer of us on Christmas day, we often do steak now.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I haven't really thought about it yet. I'm not as much into the gift giving and receiving as in the "Reason for the Season." I really want those kids that receive the boxes I packed for "Operation Christmas Child" to have a great holiday. As far as gifts go, I usually end up getting money so I can spend it on whatever. I'll have to see what's on sale for the after-Christmas sales or what I really need. I'm not into buying a lot of extra stuff that will collect dust.

No comments: