Sunday, December 07, 2008

Randy's Challenge

Here are his instructions:

For each person listed below, provide the name of the spouse of the person and the genea-blogger to whom they are related. Easy, eh?

My answers:

1) Emma Priscilla Libby - Bill West of West in New England

2) Cerena Whipple - Apple of Apple's Tree

3) Elenor L. Vreeland - Miriam Midkiff of AnceStories

4) Abbie Ardell Smith - Randy Seaver of GeneaMusings

5) Daniel Derondo Delaney - Sherri Fenley of The Educated Genealogist

6) Ophelia Elizabeth Nix - Terry Thornton of Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi

And for the bonus question:

A bonus question: Who in your ancestry has a very unique name? Tell us - amaze us with the creativity of your ancestors!

I think I'll go with Tamasin Ireland, the wife of Rev. Nathan Ward. To be honest, I really don't think of names being unique after years of doing genealogical research. I've not encountered a lot of people with the name "Tamasin" though. Most published sources state that her father was Abraham Ireland. I blogged an interesting story about Abraham over a year ago.

2 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Tamesin is a name that has been handed down in my mother's family for generations. It has evolved into Tamerson and I came very close to being saddled with name. Dad's family won the day and I was named for his grandmother instead.

Lori Thornton said...

I don't know if a name like Tamasin is a blessing or a curse, but I do know that you probably wouldn't be able to find any of those "junky" vacation gifts that have names pre-printed on them for that one! You'd have to go the "custom" route!