Monday, November 05, 2012

Back From West Tennessee

I had a great time speaking to the Tennessee Genealogical Society this past Saturday in Germantown, Tennessee.  They had a great turnout even though there were quite a few other events competing for genealogical attention. I know a few people were running back and forth to a DAR meeting in the middle of the seminar.  It was great to meet a lot of new folks and renew acquaintances with some others. Connie gets the prize for driving all the way from Evansville, Indiana to hear me speak. I was quite surprised! Thanks also to those who drove over from Little Rock to hear me.

Before I left home, I identified about an hour's worth of work that I needed to do at Tennessee State Library & Archives in Nashville, so I stopped along the way and did that in about 50 minutes. I had to renew my card there as it had recently expired.

Thanks very much to everyone at TGS for the great hospitality extended to me during my stay.

1 comment:

Carla Lee said...

We were glad to have you here, Lori! Enjoyed the day so much.

Carla Love Maitland