Monday, June 01, 2009

Musings Monday

from Boston Bibliophile: How much time (or how many pages) do you give a book that you aren't really enjoying before you'll set it aside? If you're reading it for a book group discussion, or for review, will you give it more of a chance then, say, a book you're reading for your own interest? Why, or why not?


It's been awhile since I've participated in one of the book memes. That's partly because I've been so busy with other things that I've had less time to read. In fact, I've sometimes been way behind on blog reading and have just skimmed blogs when I've had a chance to do so. Many times it would be much later in the week before I got to a meme such as "Musings Monday" which was intended for a certain day. This one caught my attention, and I'm seeing it on Monday morning, so I'm going to attempt to answer it.

I will always try to read at least 50 pages, but I'm really far more generous and usually "grin and bear it" for over 100 pages before completely setting a book aside. If I'm supposed to write a review, I will often attempt to "skim" or "speed read" the rest of the book to the best of my ability so that I can fulfill my duties.

No comments: