Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Foliage in the Smokies

I spent the early part of the afternoon driving through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I started in Gatlinburg and went over to Cherokee. I ran into a little rain (and a lot of fog) before I got to the highest elevations. These are just a few of the more than 100 photos I took today.
Gatlinburg, as seen from the Gatlinburg Overlook, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Foliage at the tunnel on the Tennessee side of the mountain.


At Newfound Gap along the Tennessee/North Carolina state line.


Some of the best foliage was on the North Carolina side of the mountain. At this overlook, every photographer with his or her tripod was quite busy taking in the scenery.


The Mingus Mill near the park visitor center in North Carolina.

No comments: