Monday, February 18, 2008

Boston Area Dining Recommendations

I'm planning a trip to the Boston area in late spring/early summer timeframe. I'm trying to locate some restaurants that the locals really like.

I heard about Eagle's Deli on the Travel Channel. While I have no intention to try their challenge burger which consists of 5 pounds of beef, 20 slices of cheese, 20 slices of bacon, and 5 pounds of fries, I would like to try one of their SMALL burgers and hope to see someone brave enough to attempt the challenge.

Lara shared on Bricker's Blog about the Choate Bridge Pub in Ipswich. Since I plan to run out to visit this town which played an important part in my family's history, I might have to try it out. She also shared that Amy had gone to Woodman's of Essex. Since my Perkins family lived in Chebacco Parish which is now Essex, this looks like a really good place to indulge in clams!

I'd love for my readers who have knowledge of great Boston area eats to share their favorite places to get a bite! I am also interested in places in the Hampton, New Hampshire area and maybe around Provincetown on Cape Cod. I'll be staying in the Back Bay area a good part of the time. I found a few places there on my last trip to Boston. Ming Tsai's Blue Ginger is another place I might hit. I remember him from the Food Network years ago.

So -- leave your favorite places. If they have web sites, I'll add to my del.icio.us bookmarks.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Lori,

If you are going to be in Hampton, PLEASE go just a few miles north to Portsmouth.

My favorite restaurant there is the Oar House, however you have many to choose from, all within walking distance of each other.

Janice

Steve Danko said...

Lori,

I've enjoyed Stephanie's on Newbury Street, not far from the New England Historic Genealogical Society. http://www.stephaniesonnewbury.com/

Steve