Saturday, February 02, 2008
Today, I spent most of the day doing some much needed sorting and filing. Every now and then I'd stop to enter some source that caught my eye into my genealogical database if it had not been marked "entered." I also discovered that some stuff that I thought I'd entered was not in my database. There are two explanations for that, and the most likely is that I really did enter it, but it was in the period of time when my database wasn't saving correctly (and it wasn't readily apparent to me that it wasn't in the files from which I'd restore stuff). The other is that I didn't enter it, but I remember entering the stuff about Dime Box, Texas. Now, I'm going to have to enter all of that over again--but that's a project for another day. I also did a couple of batches for FamilySearchIndexing.org. One of the batches was a 1905 South Dakota census. That was interesting. I got 20 cards in the batch. Each person was reported on a separate card instead of all on a single sheet. The other was an 1850 batch from Franklin County, Maine. I loved it. The last family I indexed had the surname "Snowman." No - none of them were named Frosty! I may do a couple more batches before I head off to bed.