Saturday, April 12, 2008

National Library Week Challenge

The 50th annual National Library Week is April 13-19. Most of you know that I'm a librarian, so I'd like to challenge all bloggers to do at least one blog post as a tribute to libraries during the week. I'm sure we'll have a very diverse group of posts from all of the creative bloggers out there! You don't have to be a geneablogger to participate. (All bloggers welcome.) If you don't blog, feel free to leave a comment here as a tribute to libraries.

5 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Lori

This is a a great idea! I know there are many out there like me who found the library a refuge while growing up.

I've added this challenge to the Google Genea-Blogger Calendar if that's ok:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=83d33c8svrndvn2vm8gtfpm1rc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Lori Thornton said...

Of course, it's okay! I hope we have lots of participants!

Thomas MacEntee said...

I worked on my post this morning and I have to say it brought back alot of fond memories!

http://destinationaustinfamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-library-my-refuge.html

Donna said...

Lori

Here's my tribute in response to your challenge:

A Tribute

Donna

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Lori! I've posted about my love of libraries at Everybody needs a little elf.

Lisa
Small-leaved Shamrock
A light that shines again
100 Years in America