Friday, December 14, 2007

Fruitcake Update

If it had not been for the sender box on the label bearing the name of a neighbor, I would have thought one of you had decided that it was time for me to have the experience of re-gifting a fruitcake. Well, thanks to my neighbor, I'll now have that experience. The UPS man came with a box containing one. I kept hoping as I saw the round tin (knowing the place it had been purchased) that it was Moose Munch or nuts. As far as fruitcakes go, it should be a pretty good one since it came from Harry & David's. My choir section is supposed to take chips and dip to the choir party tonight. I haven't come up with a dip to make from a fruitcake. If I sliced it very thin, I could fry the pieces, but I don't think they'd be very good chips. That leaves me with the option of re-gifting it. So . . . who will be the (un)lucky recipient?

1 comment:

Jasia said...

If I were you, I create a dip using that fruitcake... Start with softened cream cheese. Make up an instant mix of vanilla pudding, cool till firm, and blend it with the cream cheese. Then break up the fruitcake into small pieces, maybe toast it so it will crumble or if you have to, cut it into small pieces. Then add the fruitcake pieces to the cheese and pudding mixture and stir well. It would be colorful and sweet and I'll bet it would be delicious! (I'd use ginger snap cookies for dipping instead of chips.)

What d'ya think? It could make a fruitcake lover out of you!