Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Here Comes Santa Claus

Did you ever send a letter to Santa?

I always sent letters to Santa which were usually published in the Amory Advertiser. This was before the days when all the classes in school wrote letters and they were organized by the class so parents could easily locate the letters. Sometimes we'd have to search through the entire letter section to find my letter.

Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?”

I usually visited Santa in the Tupelo Mall. My “list” was always in my letter. I’m dating myself when I remember that the big anchor store in the mall (besides Sears) was Brett’s or Britt’s. (I can’t remember the vowel now.) As we would walk up and down the mall, they’d be playing Christmas songs. I think they had "Winter Wonderland" in a high rotation on their playlist because I remember it was always played a lot in the mall, and it wasn't on any of the records Mom and Dad had at home. I never got my picture made with Santa though.

Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

Of course! Always believe!

Be sure to visit Thomas at Destination: Austin Family for more Santa memories in the December 6 Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.

No comments: