Monday, December 17, 2007

If I Had Irish Ancestry . . .

I would join the Irish Genealogical Society International so that I could be a regular recipient of their quarterly journal called The Septs. Browsing through the table of contents of the various years, it is apparent that they have articles that would be helpful to those researching their Irish roots as well as articles on general resources of interest to most researchers. I actually became aware of this organization and their publication because I was asked to write an article which will be appearing in the January 2008 issue. The article is based on one of the sessions I presented at the 2006 FGS conference in Boston. I did rework the presentation and try to keep my audience in mind for the forthcoming article.

This is submitted for the January 1 edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture which will be hosted at Small-Leaved Shamrock. Deadline for entries is December 28.

2 comments:

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Thanks, Lori, for the great suggestion. I will look forward to your article in The Septs. Glad you are joining us for the online Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture...

Barbara said...

Hello Lori,
Happy New Year !

Another Thanks for this very interesting source for Irsih genealogy. I'am a Carnival participant, and new to Irish research.
I'am open to research links or suggestions.

Have a nice day.