Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Review: Savannah Breeze

Andrews, Mary Kay. Savannah Breeze. New York: HarperCollins, 2006.

Bebe Loudermilk loses all her possessions with the exception of a motel she didn't even know she owned when her new boyfriend Reddy skips town with everything. Since the police won't do anything about it, Bebe and friends set out to take justice into their own hands. I found this plot and the characters to be unbelievable, although somewhat enjoyable. I felt that the author could have accomplished her goals in fewer pages and that the book was unnecessarily long.

This is the last of my Southern Reading Challenge books! It is set in Savannah and Fort Lauderdale. The author is a Southerner as well.

A complete list of books I read for the challenge can be found near the bottom of this May 6 post.

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge!!! I want to do Jmlman's military, but uncertain of the correct type of books he is looking for. I look forward to seeing what you choose. :)

Lori Thornton said...

Mine will probably be general histories of wars for the most part. I might select a biography for one of them, but I have several books "to be read" that deal with specific wars. I will probably start one of them when I get back to Tennessee. (I'm in Mississippi right now.)