Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cast-Iron Cooking with Sisters on the Fly

Rawlings, Irene. Cast-Iron Cooking with Sisters on the Fly. Photographs by David Foxhoven. Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel, 2013.

The photograph of the retro RV on the front cover drew me to this book. My family went camping and RVing from the time I was young until my parents were no longer able to travel. There's nothing quite like a cast iron skillet for cooking, so that was a draw as well. The recipes included are not difficult to prepare, and most of them would work well while traveling by RV. The photography and layout for the book was excellent. Before reading this book, I had never heard of the Sisters on the Fly organization, but it sounds like a fun group. I'm a bit surprised, given their enjoyment of fishing, that there are not more fish recipes in the collection, but it seems to be fairly diverse as far as meat choices for main courses. I will probably be purchasing a copy of this title for my own cookbook collection. This review is based on an advance electronic galley provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

No comments: