Monday, August 13, 2018

Rest Area Find


On the way back from Florida, I stopped at the South Carolina Welcome Center on I-95 to use the facilities and stretch a bit. As I glanced over the travel brochures, I spotted this one. It's filled with repositories and resources for researching the counties in South Carolina's "Olde English District." When I posted it to Facebook, others wanted a copy. I wish I'd picked up additional copies.

I looked at the website listed on the back of the brochure and discovered, they have this brochure and several others of historic interest posted. Check out the Vacation Guides page.

The seven counties in the region include Chester, Chesterfield, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Union, and York. One brochure contains information on the Revolutionary War in the area and includes a very useful timeline. Others include African American historical sites and Civil War sites

No comments: