Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blog Action Day - October 15, 2008

October 15, 2008 has been selected as the 2008 Blog Action Day. This year's topic is poverty. Bloggers of all topics are invited to participate with blog posts related to their topic. The goal of the day is to raise an awareness of the issue of poverty. I plan to blog on some issue of poverty in family history. Many other family history and genealogy bloggers will also be participating. I think it would also be great for many of my book blogger friends who read this to participate. I can think of so many great books which have a poverty theme--both fiction and non-fiction. You can register your blog, podcast, or vlog for participation. You have almost 2 months to come up with a post!

1 comment:

Terry Thornton said...

LORI, This topic is near and dear to me --- and I commend you for (1) bringing the Blog Action Day to our attention and (2) for issuing this challenge for all Genea-Bloggers to write about poverty in family history. I look forward to reading all the work that is sure to come from this challenge and I certainly will participate with an article at Hill Country.

Terry Thornton
Fulton, Mississippi
HILL COUNTRY OF MONROE COUNTY MISSISSIPPI