Thursday, June 19, 2008

Book Review: The Richest Season


I received this title through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program.

4.5 stars.

The Richest Season is a very enjoyable read. Joanna has lived the life of a corporate wife for years. When the prospect of another move due to her husband's promotion to Vice President confronts her, she just can't take it any more and moves out. A corporate merger means Paul is out of a job. Both of them come to terms with what is really important. The ending was not a surprise for me as I could see how the story line was building. I was also very satisfied with the outcome. This book would make an excellent beach read. I look forward to McFadden's next novel.

I'd love to say more, but I don't want to give away the plot!

Update (6/20): Replaced advanced review copy jacket with jacket that will be used on book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw your nice review of my novel and just wanted to say thanks. Also that the cover you're showing is no longer being used. We've had 4 total! The final cover on the hardcover is pink with hands holding seashells. It's gorgeous and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your lovely review. I just wanted to let you know that the book cover you're showing is not the cover of the book any longer. We've had 3 since then. The final cover we used is pink, with hands and seashells! It's gorgeous and I'd be happy to send it to you!