Monday, March 10, 2008

Bucket List Meme

I saw this meme at Janice's Cow Hampshire blog, but it originated at Passing It On. Those of you who remember the movie The Bucket List will know the gist of the movie is that a couple of older persons have made a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket". The meme is to name three places from your family history that you want to visit. I am going to leave off a couple of places that I'm visiting very soon that might be potentials for this list.

Block Island - This is a little island off the coast of Rhode Island. My Rathbone family was among the island's original English settlers.

England - Most of my lines eventually lead to England. The Perkins family came from Hillmorton Parish. This little parish is now a part of Rugby in Warwickshire. Other lines lead to the London area and to Wherwell in Hampshire.

Switzerland - My Amish lines originate here. I have found lines in the cantons of Basel and Berne

I'll probably wait on the last two until the dollar is in a more favorable position against the Euro and pound.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Lori,

Your three locations look really interesting. I feel a road trip coming on lol

Janice